How does the strategic and operational plan of a business model created for a new eyewear collection develop?
The first phase is to define a strategic and operational plan for the business development with a focus on the product plan for the collection to be developed.
To define the strategic and operational plan, it is necessary to proceed with:
- Identification of the main players within the reference competitive arena by geographical area, sales channel, target consumer, price range, assortment, number of releases.
- Drafting of a card with identification of the competitors’ strengths and weaknesses from a product perspective, in order to highlight both threats and opportunities for the new business.
- Definition of commercial and economic targets together with the company management.
- Drafting of the product merchandising grid in the short and medium term, with definition of clusters, sub-clusters articulated by target consumer, price range, materials, specific product contents.
- Definition of productivity objectives by model and color position (each model has an average of 4 to 6 colors).
- Definition of the ideal market exit plan as well as times and methods for the renewal of calibers (size) and colors.
- Front-end and back-end research and innovation support: identification of the most interesting consumer trends for eyewear, in and outside the sector; identification of trends in colors, materials, technologies to be applied to the product, identification of the most captivating themes for traditional and web communication activities.
The second phase of the project focuses on product design.